Crittenden Record Press - Sept. 12, 1912
Mr. Andrew E. Rushing was buried in the Mapleview Cemetery.
The Hayward family lived here until 1915, they sold the house and relocated from the city of Marion. In 1921 the Marion Board of Education bought this home and renovated it to make it usable as the city High School. It served as a high school from 1921 until 1938.
In 1943 it was purchased for the purposed of being Marion and Crittenden County's first, and much needed, hospital. The building was once again renovated and made usable as a hospital. It housed the local hospital until 1972.
Since that time it has sit empty, with staircases and fixtures being stolen or sold. As each day goes by the honorable old building decays more. This old building has served it's community well, first as a stately home to a loving family, then a notable school for educating our young people, and last a much needed hospital for the care of our citizens. What a shame it has to end its life of service in this manner.