Picture on the right is of the new city block that had just been rebuilt after the disastrous fire of March 1905. Buildings include at the far left the new Marion Bank, next the Jenkins building, then Haynes and Taylor Drug Store and then the new Marion Post Office. All buildings were completed by the fall of 1905.
What we know as Carlisle Street today was, at that time in history, known as Bank Street. The new nickname for this street and its new buildings was the "Busy Bee Block." The reason being of all the hustle and bustle around this street and all the new offices opening for business.
There were twelve new offices on the second floor of the Jenkins building. This building was adjoining the new Marion Bank, some included: Dr. Frederick Nunn, dentist, Z. A. Bennett and J. B. Kevil owners of Bennett and Kevil Insurance Company, Joe B. and James W. Champion Attorneys-at-law, McConnell's Parlor Barber Shop, and the Crittenden Record Press also had offices in this building. The barber shop were open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. and on Saturday night they were open until 12:00 p.m.
The new Marion Post Office building was completed at this time and was ready for business. Above the Post Office were more business suites to be rented out. (This is the Coaches Cleaners building today.
Marion was a busy place and this street was one of the busiest at that time.