January 29, 1926
From way out near Rosebud came Squire W. A. Newcom; T. H. Chandler from near Sugar Grove; from Dycusburg neighborhood came C. B. Daughtrey; C. H. Bealmear from near Levias; U. S. Graves came in from his home in the Oak Hall community; P. P. Paris from hear Hill Springs and W. H. Hardesty from the Tolu section. (The communities of Dycusburg and Tolu are about seventeen miles from Marion. Quite a journey on a cold winter's day on a horse or even in a buggy.)
The new members of the court, after the first few minutes to get adjusted, conducted themselves like veterans in the discussion of the county affairs.
Considerable time was spent in the adjustment of claims for fencing the right of way of the Federal Highway, which were all satisfactorily adjusted. A considerable number of minor claims were also allowed.
County Clerk, D. A. Lowery, looked after the clerical duties connected with the meeting, and County Attorney Edward D. Stone was present in his official duty.
Though this was the first meeting of this new court under County Judge Waddell, he presided over the session as quietly and calmly as if he had spent a lifetime presiding over such meeting.