Another one of Crittenden County's Rural Churches is Seven Springs Baptist Church. It is interesting how this church got it name.
The church is located in the south end of Crittenden County off of Hwy 70 between Frances and Dycusburg. Today a modern sign marks the location and the road it is located on was also named for the church.
The first location was on Claylick Creek, near the Cumberland River, and close to seven large springs, from which it got its name. The church was organized in the early 1800's so it is one of our earliest churches.
Later the church was moved up the valley from the river, where services were held in a log building. In the early 1900s, the church was moved out near the main road.
This is the fourth building to house the church and was built in 1967. It is still an active church today.
Pictures made in October 2011.