Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Historical Museum Opening Today


The Historical Museum will be opening for the season today, Wed. April 6th.   Schedule is Wed.-Sat. 10:00-3:00.

Roberta Shewmaker is our curator again this year. 

If your in the area stop by and visit the Museum.  We have lots of local history items for you to see.  And Roberta is familiar with the area and can help with questions you might have.

'One new item we received is an old permanent wave machine.  Used many years ago.  It has the cords with clamps on the end to put on one's hair to make it curl or wave.  It looks like some kind of torture machine.  A must see item.

Also in a few days we will have our quilts out for you to see, several different kinds from different periods in our history.

I'll also be at the Museum several days a week, so maybe I'll see you there.

2 comments:

Nelson Teichmann said...

I would love to come down from Peoria and see that museum and meet you. I have read your column religiously for several years now since my Summers and Yandells lived in the Marion over 100 years. I have researched them for over 25 years.

Nelson Teichmann

Forgotten Passages said...

I hope you will get to come one day and visit our Museum, we have so many things that might be of interest to you about the history of the county. I appreciate very much you telling me you enjoy my articles. I love digging up old history about the county and the families that lived here. Would be nice to meet you.