A drive out S. R. Highway 120 always calls for a scenic side trip to the Sugar Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
The present Sugar Grove church building is the 4th building. The first was a log structure about 3/4 from the present location.
The second church was build on higher ground and in the location of the the present church. In 1954 this building was done away with to make room for the third building, a larger brick one, but still on the same location.. This third building was destroyed by fire in 1980.
The fourth building was built in 1981 and the picture above is the present Sugar Grove Church. The picture at the left is the engraved stone placed on the front of the building. Such plaques as these are a wonderful way to help preserve the history of the church for future generations. At a quick look the history of the buildings are there to see.
Located in front of the church is the Sugar Grove Cemetery. A large well-cared for cemetery that is the resting place of many of the families that lived in this area.