Hebron Church was located about 12 miles from Marion on Hwy. 91 North. This is the way the church looked in 1975 when the church had to close its doors due to lack of support and membership.
In the beginning Hebron Methodist Church was located close to the school. The church came into being following a tent revival held near Dunn Springs on what was then known as the Jeff Love place.
Following the revival Lewis J. Daughtrey and his wife, Narcissa, deeded an acre of ground of their farm to the following Trustees of the newly formed Hebron Methodist Church: William D. Williams, L. J. Daughtrey, J. W. Sleamaker, R. C. Flanary, Wesley Watson, R. Williams, Z. T. Terry and James Love.
On Nov. 8th, 1896, the Methodists dedicated their new church at Hebron. The name was chosen because it was a Biblical name. The church was a neat frame building. A large crowd was in attendance and a collection more than sufficient to pay the indebtedness was readily raised. The dedicatory sermon was preached by Rev. S. K. Breeding. Dinner was served on the ground, and it was a great occasion for the neighborhood.
This church served the community until April 3, 1938 when it was completely destroyed by fire. A prayer meeting was in progress when the fire was discovered and as a result all of the contents were able to be saved.
The commuity lost no time in constructing a new church building. On June 2, 1940 the newly constructed Hebron Methodist Church was dedicated at the noon hour. Trustees of the Hebron Church were I.W. Cook, E. T. Franklin, and Ed Cook.
The Hebron Church held services, revivals, and fellowship gatherings for many years. In closed about 1975 and sat empty for several years until it was sold to a family in the 1980's. Today it has been turned into a family dwelling. Although you wouldn't recognize it once being a house of worship. It has been transformed by being painted several different colors.