- Mattoon is a beautiful little hamlet situated in a fertile valley midway between Marion and Blackford. Although its population is small, it can boast of a preacher, merchant and doctor.
- W.E. Minner, our rural mail carrier, is on man whom everyone is always glad to see, we suppose. We all think him the right man in the right place as he daily deals out our mail with untiring patience.
- Miss Delpha McDowell who has been spending several weeks with her brother near Prospect has returned home.
- Owen Roberts left for Texas April 22, to resume his work with the Western Union Telegraph Co. He spent four months here with his wife, and hopes soon to be in a position to send for her and babies.
- J. M. Walker and daughter, Miss Gusta, of Rosebud, passed through here Thursday enroute to Marion.
- Mrs. Jennie Armstrong who spent last week with Mrs. Frank Burton, has returned to the home of her daughter Mrs. Hepsy Cowan.
- Irving Brantley and Miss Cordie Farley, Flavius Richardson and Miss Laura Summers attended church at Rosebud Sunday.
- Mrs. Kate Newcom and son, Earl, were guests of Sister Richardson Monday.
- Born to Mr. and Mrs. Finney Moore, April 14th, a boy.