Dec. 17, 1891
- There was Uncle George Boaz, who was born near Lexington 74 years ago. He is a Baptist and a Democrat.
- J. R. Jennings next in point of age was born in Virginia 71 years ago. He is an old school Presbyterian, in politics he is Independent.
- T. J. Yandell is 66 years old, was born in Hopkins County. He is a Presbyterian and Republican.
- Joseph Hina was born in France 61 years ago, reared in Germany, is now a good American citizen. He is a Cumberland Presbyterian and a Republican.
- R. L. Wilson is 55 years old, like a great many of our citizens he was born in Tennessee. His politics run smartly with those of Uncle Joe Hina.
- A. C. Deboe first saw the light in Caldwell County 51 years ago. He is a Baptist; his first vote was for Stephen A. Douglass, but now he usually votes with the Republicans.
- G. W. Parish is 47 years old, was born in Hopkins County, is a Baptist; his first vote was for Buchanan, and he is for Cleveland.
- R. N. Grady was born in Bourbon County 46 years ago. He is a Methodist and a Republican.
- J. F. Snyder is 46, born in Tennessee, is a Baptist and a Republican.
- T. A. Minner is 44, and is the only member of the jury born in Crittenden. He has been a Democrat and a Methodist 44 years.
- A. J. Rutherford in 41, born in Christian County. He is a Methodist and a Cleveland man.
- G. W. Perry is 87, born in Tennessee; he is a Baptist and a Republican.
When the reporter reached the door, he found it locked and was informed that it would require half a bushel of apples to open it. The apples were sent for, the door opened and we left a might good lot of men.