Brown-Wring Cemetery. This cemetery has also been called the Childress Cemetery and the Millikan Cemetery.
The cemetery is located off View Road, down a logging road and on the side of a bluff. If not familiar with the area, you would need a local person to lead you to the cemetery. This cemetery has many unmarked graves, and many with only sandstones as markers. A one-of-a-kind person, Doyle Polk, cares for this cemetery by weed eating and trying to keep the fallen limbs off the stones.
We are fortunate at times, through reading the old Crittenden Presses, to find information telling about a person that has been buried in one of our old family cemeteries that doesn't have a stone. Such as happened in the column titled New Salem Neighborhood News, May 12, 1898.
Died at his residence near Emmaus Church, April 3, 1898, Washington W. Brown, in the 80th year of his age. In the death of "Uncle Wash" as he was formerly known, Crittenden County and this neighborhood have lost another old land mark. He was among one of the best citizens in this county, a good Christian man, honest in all his dealings with his fellow man, his hospitality was unbounded, his home was his friends home, no one ever left his house empty handed that asked for charity.
He leaves a wife and eight children to mourn for him. His remains were buried at the Millikan grave yard. A large concourse of the good people assembled at the grave to pay the last tribute of respect to this good man.
Uncle Wash has answered the summons of the master, has crossed the river, and is at rest with the loved ones that have gone before. May we all be ready as he was when the summons comes.
Another unmarked burial in this cemetery is that of Nancy Fuller Campbell, who died January 26, 1934. Her obituary reads:
Crittenden Press, January 1934 - Death has again invaded our ranks and claimed for its victium, Mrs.Nancy Campbell, wife of J. T. Campbell, who departed this life as the day drew to a close Friday evening, January 26, 1934. Her remains were interred in the Milikan Cemetery. Mrs. Campbell was born March 5, 1855. She had been marrried 52 years and to the union 7 children were born. Five of the children have been dead for a number of years and only 2 girls, Mrs. Alma Ward and Miss Myra Campbell and the husband survive.