Freedom General Baptist Church was organized June 21, 1853. Land for the church building was deeded to the trustees, A. H. Belt, William Jopland and Thomas Riley, by Alfred Moore.
The first church was a log building with only one window to the side. The next was a frame building. The third building was destroyed by a tornado May, 17, 1946, and was replace in 1949. This is a picture after the tornado destroyed it.
In 1972 the church building was enlarged by adding a new wing on each side.
In 1998 the church had outgrown it's present 50 year old home and a new expansion project was being done. It included a fellowship hall and handicapped accessible restrooms. The project also included new windows and a new steeple. The picture above is how the church looks today.
Freedom Baptist Church is located about 3 miles west of Marion on Hwy. 91 North and is an active church today.