Starting in the last decade of the 19th century, and continuing almost as long as the one room school houses existed, teachers gave little souvenir cards to their students at the end of the school year. You will notice that these are one room schools, so the list of students includes all grades, 1-8.
Mamie Henry was their teacher in 1905-1906.
The Caney Fork school was a log school building located on the A. K. Love farm, and was located between Sheridan and Hurricane. The school closed in the 1940's and the students were sent to the Tolu School.
Owen School was located a few miles from the Frances community on S. R. 855 North. It sat in the area where the Owen Cemetery is located today. Some of the early school records date the old school back to 1897-1898. Mildred Ruth Moore was the teacher in 1922 when this little card was given to her students.
Owen School closed in the early 1950's and the students were sent to Frances School.
The Oliver School also was located near the community of Frances. At one time it was a two room, two story building located on the Oliver family farm. Miss Tennie Wheeler was the teacher in 1897-98.
In 1919 this school was torn down a new building was built at Frances.