The old Crittenden Hotel that used to be located on East Carlisle Street was known for it's delicious meals that it served. This tradition went on for many years.
A Menu published in The Crittenden Press tells of it's Special Sunday Dinner for August 19th, 1906.
- Soup - Cream Tomato
- Roasts -Beef with Brown Gravy
- Suckling Pig with Apple Sauce
- Fried Chicken
- Vegetables include: Mashed Potatoes, Escalloped Corn, French Peas on Toast, Butter Beans
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Pickled Tongue
- Stuffed Olives
- Bread - Corn Bread or Hot Rolls
- Desserts - Blanc Mange, Currant Jelly
- Lemon Pie
- Neapolitan Brick Cream and Snow Cake
- Tea, Coffee, Ice Tea Milk