The Oak Hall school house was located on the old Ford's Ferry Road about six miles from Marion.
The school was made up of pupils from part of old Forest Grove district and part from Heath School. Everyone walked to school, in summer or winter. In the winter months the only heat was from a potbellied stove. It was never very warm. The water came from a cistern.
A group of happy students with their teacher.
Back row: Rena May Vanhooser, Naomi Rankin, Helen Carter, Teacher, Thelma Johnson, and Melva Shewmaker.
Standing in front of Helen Carter is Louise Vanhooser.
Two boys in front, Vervil Shewmaker and Gene Graves.
The school closed in the 1940's and the students were transported to other schools.