HENRY AND HENRY MONUMENTS
Prior to 1881, J. S. Henry was engaged in the monument business in Madisonville, Ky.
At that time he moved his family to Marion and Established Henry and Henry Monuments.
After being located at his home on South Bellville Street for several years, he purchase the Concrete Building on East Carlisle St. in 1906 (Where Wheeler Antiques are today).
After his death his sons, Albert M. and Howard managed the business until their death, at which time their sons, J. Albert Henry and Searcy Henry became owners.
In 1947 J. Albert, son of Albert M. having bought out Searcy, built the above building at their present site on Sturgis Road.
The business is still family owned today, with grandson, Billy Fox handling most of the everyday business.
THE CRITTENDEN PRESS
The newspaper was founded in 1879 by R. C. Walker. It changed hands five times from then until Evers Mick purchased the newspaper in 1960.
Since that time his descendants have owned and operated The Crittenden Press.
Evers Mikc, a Marion native, had been working in Madisonville in the printing and radio industries before he bought tne newspaper in 1960 from Charles Pepper.
Mick owned Modern Printers, a commerical letterpress and offset printing shop in Madisonville.
Evers graduated from Marion High School in 1932 and worked on electronics equipment for the U.S.Government during WWII.
Mick and his wife Lucille, along with sons, Charles and Paul, returned in 1960 to Marion where he had grown up while his father, W. E. Mick was active in the fluorspar mining industry.
Paul and wife Nancy ran the paper after Paul's parents passed away.
And today Paul's daughter, Allison and husband Chris Evans own and operate the paper.