The Tolu United Methodist Church located at Tolu, Kentucky as it looks today. It was built in the fall and spring of 1947-48. The lots on which the church sits were donated by the Lowery brothers, the sons of the late Dr. O. T. Lowery.
The church was built from lumber that was once the Chapel at Camp Breckenridge, located at Morganfield, Ky. So it has a history of it's own.
The bell in the belfry is from the old US Presbyterian Church that was once in Tolu.
On May 30, 1948, eighty-four people gathered for the first services in the new church. Dedication services for he new Tolu Methodist church were held on Sunday, June 16, 1957.
In July 19th, 2008, the church and tiny town of Tolu celebrated the churches 100 anniversary with special services and activities for the day.
Picture made June 25, 2010.