Years ago when a new monument was created the Crittenden Press would sometimes publish an announcement about the impressive stone that would be set at the cemetery. Here are two of those stones that were noted in the Press.
July 4, 1907 - The Woodmen of the World decorated the grave of Sovereign W. T. Carloss, as an honor to his memory and to express a brotherly reverence for his worth. The Woodmen formed a line of march at their Camp in town, and headed by the Silver Cornet Band of Marion, followed by a large number of Woodmen marched to the cemetery, where a large crowd of people had assembled to witness the ceremonies.
The Woodmen ceremonies were very beautiful and most appropriate. The band furnished music on the way to and from the cemetery.
Jan. 5, 1893 - Henry Bros. the marble men of Marion, have been contracted by the Moore family for the erection of a monument over the grave of Mr. R. L. Moore. It is a $1,400 piece of work and when completed will be the handsomest in the county. It is to be of gray granite, and the shaft rises sixteen feet in the air and it is six feet square at the base.
This handsome and tasty piece of work will probably be the first to adorn the new cemetery at Marion. The remains of Mr. Moore now rest at Mr. Zion, and will be moved to Marion when the monument is ready to be set.