Evelyn Graves wrote this about the Marion Graded School building in1926.
The graded school building stands on the corner of College and Carlisle streets, its front entrance facing the post office building and the side entrance facing the Methodist church.
The main part of the building was constructed in 1894 when Charles Evans was superintendent of the Marion school system.
The building was used for the first time Jan. 19, 1895 and in it seven teachers were employed. Both the graded and high school were housed in it.
In 1904 the school district realizing that the new graded and high school building was entirely too crowded, voted bonds for an annex. With this new section, the present auditorium and the class rooms above the building, now used for the graded school alone, the school was completed as it now stands.
The first high school class that graduated in Marion consisted of two, Edward Gray, now of Ardmore, Oklahoma, and Perry Maxwell, also of Ardmore, who graduated in 1896.