Soon after the great fire of 1905 that wiped out Marion's downtown business district, the local businessmen of Marion started to rebuilt the town very quickly. On of the first store buildings to be finished was on the corner of Main Street and E. Carlisle Street. It was build by prominent business man E. J. Hayward, who was associated with the Farmers Bank.
Soon after it was finished the Yandell-Gugenheim Dept. store rented out the space and their clothing store was located there for many years.
With very little change over the years, the front of this store stayed the same, with the glass display windows always a vital part of down town Marion.
Through the years, the businesses of Carnahan's Dry Goods, William's Department Store, and The Style Shop occupied this prominent space on Main Street.
In the early 2000's attorney Bart Frazer purchased this building and turned it into law offices. With the new owners also came the remodeling of the front entrance. Gone are the large plate-glass displays, to be enclosed with smaller windows, also added was the balcony, which made a very different look to the old historical main street building.