The Barnes-Nunn home, another one of our old historic homes is located on West Bellville St., a short distance from the Court house. These old homes are becoming fewer and fewer.
No 'for sure' date is known for when it was built, but history shows it would have been in the 1870's. It was built by Lemuel James, a noted lawyer in Marion, at the time.
In January 1893 the home was sold to Mary L. Barnes. Mrs. Barnes moved to Marion, from the Dunns Springs area, and purchased the home after her husband died.
The family included Mrs. Margaret Barnes, her children, James M., Ninna, Della and Lemah. This was truly a family home, for in 1894, daughter, Leman Barnes married Clement S. Nunn, a well-known attorney and they made this their home, all the family continued to live here until 1896, when son James, got married and moved to a home of his on.
C. S. Nunn, who was an Appeals Court Judge, and wife Lemah lived out their lives in this beautiful home and in later years the home was always referred to as the Barnes-Nunn Home.
Thankfully the home is in beautiful condition today, and holds the offices of Crittenden County Attorney, Rebecca Johnson.