The business men of Marion didn't sit around idle and wait for a new store to be built after the devastating fire of March 28, 1905 that destroyed all of the east side of Main Street.
Just a short time after the fire, they had gathered what they had saved from the fire and sit up in tents around the court house square, or in other businesses places that had been saved from the fire.
Here is an ad telling about Woods & Orme, and R. F. Haynes, and how they were doing business. It's from the Crittenden Press of April 1905.
Thankful that the Press was spared from the fire, or we wouldn't have these wonderful history items from the past.